[wdte-devel] Remaining codebases
Matt Brozowski
2004-02-04 17:40:22 UTC
I was under the impression that other codebases were going to be contributed to this project and yet I haven't seen any effort or discussion with respect to that. Is there still an XML editor that is being contributed? a JavaScript editor? Anyway I was looking forward to seeing those items included. I hope they are still coming.

If someone wants me to do some of the work let me know and I'll gladly do it.

Matt Brozowski
Alex Fitzpatrick
2004-02-04 18:25:24 UTC
Post by Matt Brozowski
I was under the impression that other codebases were going to be contributed to this project and yet I haven't seen any effort or discussion with respect to that. Is there still an XML editor that is being contributed? a JavaScript editor? Anyway I was looking forward to seeing those items included. I hope they are still coming.
If someone wants me to do some of the work let me know and I'll gladly do it.
JavaScript editor will happen, I'm just a little busy.
Alex
Alex Fitzpatrick
2004-02-05 03:25:58 UTC
Post by Alex Fitzpatrick
Post by Matt Brozowski
I was under the impression that other codebases were going to be
contributed to this project and yet I haven't seen any effort or
discussion with respect to that. Is there still an XML editor that
is being contributed? a JavaScript editor? Anyway I was looking
forward to seeing those items included. I hope they are still coming.
If someone wants me to do some of the work let me know and I'll gladly do it.
JavaScript editor will happen, I'm just a little busy.
JSEditor code is in CVS, but it's VERY broken for today because I
refactored and I'm too tired to fix it.
Alex
Christopher Lenz
2004-02-05 09:14:26 UTC
Post by Alex Fitzpatrick
JSEditor code is in CVS, but it's VERY broken for today because I
refactored and I'm too tired to fix it.
Cool. One thing that is rather important I think: replace the file
headers with CPL-style ones as shown here:

http://wdte.sourceforge.net/wiki/?page=CodingConventions

Cheers,
Chris
--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de
Alex Fitzpatrick
2004-02-05 13:39:13 UTC
Post by Christopher Lenz
Post by Alex Fitzpatrick
JSEditor code is in CVS, but it's VERY broken for today because I
refactored and I'm too tired to fix it.
Cool. One thing that is rather important I think: replace the file
http://wdte.sourceforge.net/wiki/?page=CodingConventions
It took me most of the evening to get it to build after ranaming all the
packages and splitting it into two plugins and you're worried about the
file headers?

<grump>

:-)
Alex
Christopher Lenz

/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de
Igor Malinin
2004-02-08 17:23:52 UTC
Post by Christopher Lenz
Igor,
any news on getting the SolarEclipse code base in?
I am a bit busy at the moment and just have no energy to do anything
after continuous Tallinn-Helsinki-Tallinn trips... I'll prepare and
check in sources when time permits (probably next weekend, but don't
know yet when the end of my trips).

Or if you want you may do it sooner yourself...
Alex Fitzpatrick
2004-02-08 18:41:34 UTC
Post by Igor Malinin
Post by Christopher Lenz
Igor,
any news on getting the SolarEclipse code base in?
I am a bit busy at the moment and just have no energy to do anything
after continuous Tallinn-Helsinki-Tallinn trips... I'll prepare and
check in sources when time permits (probably next weekend, but don't
know yet when the end of my trips).
Or if you want you may do it sooner yourself...
It seems Chris has a little more free time than either Igor or myself. [
Chris is a student? :-) ]

Let's not rush, but let's try to make some progress. I'll try to finish
my refactoring next weekend, the process has given me some [hopefully]
good ideas.

Are we ready to consider extending the project membership? I've been
contacted by a few individuals.
Alex
Igor Malinin
2004-02-08 19:18:46 UTC
Post by Alex Fitzpatrick
Let's not rush, but let's try to make some progress. I'll try to finish
my refactoring next weekend, the process has given me some [hopefully]
good ideas.
Are we ready to consider extending the project membership? I've been
contacted by a few individuals.
I think we are ready from the beginning as soon as they have something
to contribute. Direct them to this mailing list if they have some ideas
or have plans to contribute something. It is hard to answer you before
learning what do they have or what are they planning.
Alex Fitzpatrick
2004-02-08 22:38:51 UTC
Post by Igor Malinin
Post by Alex Fitzpatrick
Let's not rush, but let's try to make some progress. I'll try to
finish my refactoring next weekend, the process has given me some
[hopefully] good ideas.
Are we ready to consider extending the project membership? I've been
contacted by a few individuals.
I think we are ready from the beginning as soon as they have something
to contribute. Direct them to this mailing list if they have some
ideas or have plans to contribute something. It is hard to answer you
before learning what do they have or what are they planning.
I directed them to the mailing list, don't know if they signed up.

Hello world, anyone out there?

:-)
Alex
Christopher Lenz
2004-02-09 09:23:55 UTC
Post by Igor Malinin
Post by Alex Fitzpatrick
Let's not rush, but let's try to make some progress. I'll try to
finish my refactoring next weekend, the process has given me some
[hopefully] good ideas.
Are we ready to consider extending the project membership? I've been
contacted by a few individuals.
I think we are ready from the beginning as soon as they have something
to contribute. Direct them to this mailing list if they have some
ideas or have plans to contribute something. It is hard to answer you
before learning what do they have or what are they planning.
I agree with Igor. People who are interested in contributing should
start by participating in this mailing list, checking out the code, and
contributing patches. When we perceive continued participation over
some amount of time we should definitely extend project membership.

Cheers,
Chris
--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de

Christopher Lenz
2004-02-09 09:20:48 UTC
Post by Igor Malinin
Post by Christopher Lenz
Igor,
any news on getting the SolarEclipse code base in?
I am a bit busy at the moment and just have no energy to do anything
after continuous Tallinn-Helsinki-Tallinn trips... I'll prepare and
check in sources when time permits (probably next weekend, but don't
know yet when the end of my trips).
Or if you want you may do it sooner yourself...
I have been looking into the SolarEclipse code, and may dig in further.
Maybe I'll get some time to import the SolarEclipse stuff this week
(yes, I am a student, but not at all exclusively - anyway I have more
time currently than usual ;-) )

I was also playing with NekoHTML [1] for a way to provide a parser and
DOM for HTML. Any thoughts in that direction?

Cheers,
Chris

[1] http://www.apache.org/~andyc/neko/doc/html/

--