[wdte-devel] Eclipse M9, Adoption, Release?
Igor Malinin
2004-05-25 10:27:31 UTC
Eclipse M9 is released. I've resolved compilation problems, migrated to
3.0 API. All seems to work fine except Outline View. It is empty when
file just have opened, but after any edit it is filled and displayed
correctly.

Chris, Alex, could you fix the issue with outline? I assume that it is
easier for you both than for me because you have implemented outlines.
I've marked possible cause by FIXME in code...

And what are you thinking about a binary WDTE release?
Richard Klein
2004-05-29 19:12:36 UTC
Post by Igor Malinin
Eclipse M9 is released. I've resolved compilation problems, migrated
to 3.0 API. All seems to work fine except Outline View. It is empty
when file just have opened, but after any edit it is filled and
displayed correctly.
Chris, Alex, could you fix the issue with outline? I assume that it is
easier for you both than for me because you have implemented outlines.
I've marked possible cause by FIXME in code...
And what are you thinking about a binary WDTE release?
I would really like to see a binary release of this. I cannot get the
plugins to export when checked out of CVS. Also there is no longer a
javascript editor available that works with the 3.0 series of releases.
Alex Fitzpatrick
2004-05-29 20:42:51 UTC
Don't know about "all seems to work fine"

HTML editor give me "Save failed:NULL" when I save. But it seems to
outline fine.
CSS editor seems to outline fine
JS editor doesn't even open, I get "Editor could not be initialized"

I'll try to look at this later...
Alex Fitzpatrick
Igor Malinin
2004-05-29 21:01:23 UTC
Post by Alex Fitzpatrick
Don't know about "all seems to work fine"
Yep...
Post by Alex Fitzpatrick
HTML editor give me "Save failed:NULL" when I save. But it seems to
outline fine.
CSS editor seems to outline fine
JS editor doesn't even open, I get "Editor could not be initialized"
I checked it very quickly and didn't noticed so much problems. With
outline - it works if view is hidden (behind other view) while opening
the editor and selected later, but it displays nothing for me if it is
visible at the moment editor is opened. But any text modification in
editor brings outline back to life. And I cannot find the reason of this
bug...
Post by Alex Fitzpatrick
I'll try to look at this later...
I'll try to test in more detail too and fix some bugs.
Alex Fitzpatrick
2004-05-31 05:21:45 UTC
Post by Alex Fitzpatrick
I'll try to look at this later...
I'll try to test in more detail too and fix some bugs.
Looks like you've got it all worked out... nice work.

You're too fast for me... oh well at least my garage is now clean... ;-)
Alex
Alex Fitzpatrick
2004-05-31 05:24:58 UTC
Post by Alex Fitzpatrick
Post by Alex Fitzpatrick
I'll try to look at this later...
I'll try to test in more detail too and fix some bugs.
Looks like you've got it all worked out... nice work.
You're too fast for me... oh well at least my garage is now clean... ;-)
Or perhaps not... that outline bug in HTML editor you describe appears
to still be there.
Alex
Igor Malinin
2004-05-31 14:49:50 UTC
Post by Alex Fitzpatrick
Post by Igor Malinin
outline - it works if view is hidden (behind other view) while
opening the editor and selected later, but it displays nothing for me
if it is visible at the moment editor is opened. But any text
modification in editor brings outline back to life. And I cannot find
the reason of this bug...
Or perhaps not... that outline bug in HTML editor you describe appears
to still be there.
The bug is in outline for XML and CSS editors but not for JS editor.

And I found another bug in incremental XML highlighting that needs to be
fixed before release, will try to do it soon too.
Igor Malinin
2004-06-02 09:33:11 UTC
These are bugs I have found that need to be fixed before release:

- Outline displays nothing until text is edited (XML/CSS), like was
described in previous posts.

- CSS Editor freezes UI for several seconds after mouse movements over
editor (5kByte file). Keyboard navigation is ok. Quite strange thing,
seems that it parses CSS again and again. Looks like the reason is
outline reconsiler (but not sure).

- XML Editor takes 100% CPU on large files. SUN 1.4.2 JVM seems to be
vary slow in parsing XML files and building outline takes forever (for
1MByte file). Interruption of parsing would be good think to add or need
to disable feature until we bild outline based on partitioning information.