[wdte-devel] Versioning scheme
Christopher Lenz
2004-02-13 17:28:55 UTC
Howdy folks,

what kind of preferences to you have for versioning schemes?

I propose that we start at 0.0.1 for the first release, and target
enhancements at minor version numbers. For example, I'd target an
enhancement for the CSS editor at 0.1 or 0.2. The third ("service")
component of the version number should be incremented for every bugfix
release.

I'd rather avoid the constant version number + milestone scheme used by
the Eclipse team, as we don't have a way to identify builds with build
IDs.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Chris
--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de
Alex Fitzpatrick
2004-02-14 01:51:34 UTC
Post by Christopher Lenz
Howdy folks,
what kind of preferences to you have for versioning schemes?
I propose that we start at 0.0.1 for the first release, and target
enhancements at minor version numbers. For example, I'd target an
enhancement for the CSS editor at 0.1 or 0.2. The third ("service")
component of the version number should be incremented for every bugfix
release.
I'd rather avoid the constant version number + milestone scheme used
by the Eclipse team, as we don't have a way to identify builds with
build IDs.
I'd say 0.1.0 for first release, first bugfix release should be 0.1.1,
major api change becomes 0.2.0

When we have a good set of stuff, call it 1.0.0, but not before then.

Clearly good is open for interpretation.
Alex
Igor Malinin
2004-02-15 12:21:05 UTC
+1
Christopher Lenz
2004-02-16 12:09:33 UTC
Post by Alex Fitzpatrick
I'd say 0.1.0 for first release, first bugfix release should be 0.1.1,
major api change becomes 0.2.0
Okay, I like starting at 0.1.0.

I'll add 0.1.0 to the issue tracker as a "group". The group is to be
interpreted as the target milestone for an issue, i.e. when we plan to
resolve it.

Cheers,
Chris
--