[wdte-devel] HTML editor and preview in CVS
Christopher Lenz
2004-02-18 17:19:38 UTC
Hi folks,

I've just committed the first version of a HTML UI plugin. It is very
simple, the editor currently doesn't do anything more or different than
the XML editor, except that it provides a browser preview.

To activate the browser preview, you'll need to manually open the view
"Web Development > Browser Preview", and then open an editor on an HTML
file. The preview view should then attempt to display the content of
the HTML file in the platform default browser embedded into the view.
The preview isn't yet being refreshed when the editor content changes,
or even when it is saved, that is the next thing on the TODO list.

The HTML preview uses the new SWT Browser widget. I've tried to
abstract it enough so that previews for example for SVG could use the
same mechanism. Anyway, still a lot of work to do, but at least
something visible :-)

I've also started logging some bugs and enhancement requests into our
issue tracker. So if anyone here doesn't know what to do with their
time, there are got exciting tasks waiting for you. ;-)

Cheers,
Chris
--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de
Alex Fitzpatrick
2004-02-25 13:47:08 UTC
Are you using M7?
Alex
Simone Ronco
2004-02-25 13:58:42 UTC
not yet, I'm using the 2.1 version that is compatible with the visual editor
plug-in
2004-02-25 14:40:20 UTC
Post by Simone Ronco
Post by Alex Fitzpatrick
Are you using M7?
--
Alex
not yet, I'm using the 2.1 version that is compatible with the visual editor
plug-in
Well this question wasn't intended for end-users, but still that's
useful feedback.

I've only had one request for M7 support so far, is there anyone out
there desperate?
Alex
Jörg Schaible

Christopher Lenz
2004-02-25 14:20:52 UTC
Post by Alex Fitzpatrick
Are you using M7?
I'm on M7, yes. Is that a problem?

Cheers,
Chris
--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de
Alex Fitzpatrick
2004-02-25 14:37:55 UTC
Post by Christopher Lenz
Post by Alex Fitzpatrick
Are you using M7?
I'm on M7, yes. Is that a problem?
No that's good, last time I pulled your source from CVS I got
deprecation warnings. I suppose you've fixed those then?

I havn't touched the JavaScript source for a while, work has been
insane, and no matter what I do the children insist on being fed at
regular intervals...
Alex
Fitzpatrick, Alex
2004-02-25 13:50:08 UTC
Darn, that was only supposed to go to chris...

Oh well